This two-day course guides experienced web-developers through the methodology crucial to building reactive and scalable web applications using the Play! Framework and Scala. Practical exercises are centered around building multiple applications in a microservice architecture.
3400 PLN + VAT
Chosen from VirtusLab/Typesafe team.
This course introduces experienced web-developers to the design-patterns and methodology essential to building reactive, scalable web applications with Play Framework and Scala. In practical coding exercises you will learn how to build multiple Play applications which interact with one another via HTTP REST endpoints.
- basic knowledge of Scala;
- no previous knowledge with Play is required.
After having participated in this course you should:
- know how to build fully fledged web applications using Play;
- know best practices for developing web applications using Play;
- be confident to start using Scala and Play applications in production.
- what is Play?
- why should I use it?
- Play Basics:
- anatomy of Play;
- overview of Play components;
- build system.
- HTTP body parser;
- handling form data;
- testing ecosystem;
- writing integration tests.
- managing assets:
- manage static assets with sbt-web;
- auto-generate CSS and JS files from Less, CoffeeScript, etc.
- asset fingerprinting.
- session handling:
- add and remove values from the session;
- authentication helper.
- Web services and JSON:
- send and retrieve HTTP requests;
- handling JSON.
- Asynchronous Programming:
- overview Futures;
- future composition;
- asynchronous end-to-end applications.