This workshop focuses on advanced features of the Scala language. If you have Scala experience this course will expand your knowledge about object-functional programming, DSLs, type systems, and implicits.
28-29.03.2017 & 24-25.04.2017
Golden Floor, al. Jerozolimskie 123A, 02-017 Warszawa
3600 PLN + VAT
If you already have programming experience with Scala and want to understand its advanced features, this course is for you. It is designed to help developers fully understand topics such as advanced object-functional programming, the power of Scala’s type system, implicits, etc. The course also covers how to leverage these features to create well-designed libraries or DSL’s utilizing proven best practices.
- full understanding of all concepts taught in Fast Track to Scala;
- at least 2 months of full-time hands-on development with Scala.
After having participated in this course you should:
- understand all aspects of the object-functional approach;
- know and be able to apply advanced features of Scala’s type system;
- fully understand implicits and type classes;
- be confident about creating libraries and DSLs with Scala.
- object-functional programming in depth:
- tail recursion;
- partial functions;
- mastering the type system:
- co- and contravariance;
- type bounds;
- path dependent and structural types.
- explicitly implicit:
- implicit conversion, classes and parameters;
- type class pattern;
- context bounds.
- internal DSLs:
- custom control structures with by-name parameters;
- building internal DSLs.
- custom Scala collections:
- building custom collections.